Training for First Responders and Field Staff
CSS technical experts prepare and deliver essential training and information addressing worker safety and environmental hazards.
Delivering Classroom and Hands-on Training to First Responders and Field Staff
Preparing and Communicating Technical Information that Combines Best Practices, Agency Guidance, and CSS’ Extensive Field Experience
Emergency response events and hazardous sites present specific health and safety and technical challenges. CSS technical experts prepare and deliver essential information addressing worker safety and environmental hazards.
- We provided hands-on training at the EPA On-Scene Coordinator (OSC)/Support Personnel Radiation/Nuclear Response course. For this event, we set up a field Personnel Decontamination processing line and assisted course participants as they dressed in self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBAs) and disposal personal protective clothing.
- We developed and facilitated a three-day Chemical Agent Workshop to expand response capabilities following a Chemical Agent incident. Staff coordinated with EPA to prepare all materials for the training, which covered the basic chemistry of chemical agents, laboratory capability and availability, equipment demonstration, availability of internal EPA resources, air monitoring, and more.
- We trained 119 emergency response personnel during the Border HAZMAT Technical Training and led exercises and field demonstrations. We also developed equipment Quick Start Guides for students.
- We coordinated translation services for 60 attendees, as well as associated presentation materials, during the multi-day US-Mexico BiNational Knowledge Exchange and Tabletop Exercise.
- We supported EPA training exercises for natural disasters by preparing handbooks, forms, and other materials used by participants during the exercises.
CSS also supports logistics for training events and meetings. Staff research appropriate facilities, produce training materials and agendas; support registration; organize equipment and presenters; provide meeting facilitators, note takers, and translators (if needed); prepare After-Action Reports; and issue certificates to attendees.
Analytical Chemistry Support for the US EPA National Aquatic Resource Survey
CSS chemically analyzes hundreds of water samples collected annually from the US EPA’s National Aquatic Resource Survey (NARS), a critical contribution to the EPA assessments of the condition of the nation’s water bodies.
Custom Software Engineering
CSS develops customized software solutions for NASA life sciences and energy management.
Audit and Inspection Support for the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)
For more than 35 years, CSS has provided quality control assessment support to the National Toxicology Program (NTP) on studies relating to the toxicological effects of chemicals in the environment.
Emergency Preparedness & Response
We help our clients prepare for and protect the health and environment of communities after disasters and hazmat releases.
Facilities Operations & Maintenance
We understand your facility support needs and deliver customized solutions.
Human Health Risk Assessment
We help advance the understanding of chemical effects on people and the environment.
Our IT solutions meet clients’ evolving needs.
Environmental Resource Assessment & Management
We apply science to address challenges affecting the nation’s natural resources.
Satellite Data Applications
Helping create a more environmentally sustainable, weather-ready, and secure nation through application of earth observation data
Safety, Health, & Environmental
We provide our clients with tools to protect their workforce, the public, and the environment.
Get in touch
Contact us to learn more about our projects, capabilities, solutions, and service offerings.