Procedures, Plans, and Training to Support Emergency Response
CSS provided health and safety, field, and analytical support for EPA’s Consequence Management Advisory Division.
Developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Plans, and Training for First Responders
CSS has a long and successful history providing health and safety, field, and analytical support for federal environmental projects. We integrate our past experience with current best practices to standardize and update procedures, templates, and plans for emergency response operations. For EPA’s Consequence Management Advisory Division, we:
- Reviewed the Department of Homeland Security’s Planning Framework for Chemical Incident Consequence Management and assisted with the development of a Fourth Generation Agents plan;
- Assisted with the preparation of the “Small-scale disinfection of N95 respirators” SOP;
- Assisted in the development of the Hazardous Chemical Response Personnel Decontamination Line SOP; and
- Revised and merged the EPA Responder and EPA Laboratory DuoDote protocols.
We also develop and deliver training for EPA’s On-Scene Coordinators (OSCs) to increase compliance with Agency procedures and protocols. For example, we:
- Supported Bio 101 and Bio Response Training for OSCs at the OSC Academy;
- Assist with preparation and teaching of Chem 101 presentation at the OSC Academy; and
- Supported the Chemical Warfare Agent (CWA) Training for OSCs.
Pacific Ecological Services Division Project (PESD)
Since 1996 CSS has conducted field and lab-based research in support of the Pacific Ecological Services Division Project
Plant Water Management in Microgravity
CSS was selected by NASA through its REMIS contract to serve as payload developer, performing mission integration and operations to advance the fundamental research to a higher Technology Readiness Level.
Seafloor Substrate Mapping and Model Validation of Offshore Wind Sites
CSS supported developing a comprehensive seafloor characterization in support of a $3 billion offshore wind energy project in the coastal waters of New York.
Satellite Data Applications
Helping create a more environmentally sustainable, weather-ready, and secure nation through application of earth observation data
Emergency Preparedness & Response
We help our clients prepare for and protect the health and environment of communities after disasters and hazmat releases.
Our IT solutions meet clients’ evolving needs.
Human Health Risk Assessment
We help advance the understanding of chemical effects on people and the environment.
Earth & Space Science Support & Operations
We deliver scientific support to advance our clients’ research goals.
Safety, Health, & Environmental
We provide our clients with tools to protect their workforce, the public, and the environment.
Facilities Operations & Maintenance
We understand your facility support needs and deliver customized solutions.
Get in touch
Contact us to learn more about our projects, capabilities, solutions, and service offerings.